The Walkin' Wheels dog wheelchair is different from any other product that has been available in the past. So different that it is stocked and sold by veterinarians, rehab centres, clinics and pet professionals. The custom built carts of the past could not be stocked as they took weeks to build and required exact measurements. The wheelchair offers all the mobility and comfort of custom carts with none of the problems.
It is so important to keep dogs walking independently as long as possible, and with the option of having the legs down but supported, you can keep your dogs muscles working, even if for short periods to prevent further muscle wasting. With the Walkin' wheels dog wheelchair you can give your dog the exercise it needs to live a happy, healthy, active life. We find dogs adjust so easily to using these wheelchairs, they are off exploring in no time.
Our veterinarian-approved Walkin' Wheels is designed to help animals with hip and leg problems due to degenerative myelopathy (DM), hip dysplasia, arthritis, paralysis, slipped disc, spinal and neurological problems, surgical recovery, and more. Walkin' Wheels adjustable dog wheelchair can be ordered without taking complex measurements and folds flat for convenient transport and storage
The Fold of the Flank (FOF) is a thin piece of skin that connects the dog's upper rear leg to his body, very similar to the skin between your thumb and index finger. Measure from the ground up, while your dog is standing or lying sideways. Do not extend your dog's leg if lying down, measure it in the natural position as if your dog was standing up normally.
WW Rear Lift Harness Sizes:
To measure your dog for the correct size, measure the girth of one back leg all the way around at the widest part (thigh), please see the diagram above for reference.
XXS - 7" or less
XS - 7-9"
Small - 10-11"
Medium - 12-13"
Medium/Large - 14-15"
Large - 16-18"
XL - 19-22"
Sizing For WW Front Harness (Quad wheelchairs only)
||Front Leg Girth to
||10 – 12″ /
25.4 – 30.5 cm
|Dogs 8 – 15 lbs
||12 – 14″ /
30.5 – 35.6 cm
|Dogs 15 – 25 lbs
||12.5 – 14.5″ /
31.8 – 36.8 cm
|Dogs 22 – 35 lbs
||14 – 16″ /
35.6 – 40.6 cm
|Dogs 35 – 45 lbs
Walker Active Boots Sizing
- Place a piece of paper on a hard floor surface.
- Have your dog stand and bear weight with the affected paw on the piece of paper.
- Trace around the outline of the paw, keeping the pen vertical and in continuous contact with the paw.
- Determine the Paw Width and Paw Length by standing your dog on a piece of paper and tracing around the paw. The paw width is left to right, and the paw length is the back of the paw to the end of the longest toe nail. These boots are for dogs with more square shaped paws, so if your dog has much longer paws 'Hare shape' feet or needs a medical grade boot, please see Therapaw Boots.
||Maximum Paw Width
||Maximum Paw Length
If your dog is between two sizes or is going to have a bandage on the paw, please choose the bigger size.
- Hip dysplasia
- Muscle injuries or weakness
- Back / Spinal injuries
- Cruciate tears / ACL
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Leg deformities or disability
- Elbow dysplasia
- Post-operative support
- Allows increased mobility, range of motion and comfort
- Decreases inflammation for some conditions
- Prevents re-injury after surgery
- Long-lasting lightweight aluminium frame, individual parts are replaceable
- Comes with instruction booklet and DVD
- Fits any size dog, highly adjustable frame with custom height wheels
Each kit contains:
- A Universal Frame that can be adjusted
- A Wheel kit that is automatically selected based on the height of your dog
Our Walkin’ Belly Support provides additional support for your pet while in the Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair.
- Raises middle of the pet’s body in wheelchair to relieve undue stress on his/her back.
- Especially helpful for dogs with long backs, such as Corgis or Dachshunds.
- Provides more support if pet is overweight, has downward sway in back, or has disc/spinal issues.
- Made of lightweight, strong neoprene fabric.
- Attaches to wheelchair easily and securely with touch-fastener closures.
- Machine washable, hang dry; comes in mesh bag.
Please select 'Wheelchair shipping' in the delivery options. Due to the size and weight of the box, we have to charge more to ship these in the UK (£15). For international orders, please contact in advance for a shipping quote.
How does a dog toilet in the wheelchair?
This is the most frequently asked question by customers. The answer is that they just get used to it. When the wheelchair is fully set up and the dog is used to walking in it, the dog will learn to toilet naturally standing up. The most important thing you can do it to reassure them that it's okay the first time that they toilet in the wheelchair so that it's a positive experience for them. Please see the video below of a dog toileting in the wheelchair.
Dogs and Pets can walk again.
Walkin’ Wheels is changing lives. A wheelchair designed specifically for dogs can help your best friend run and play again, go to the bathroom, get the exercise he (or she) needs, and live a happy, healthy life. Unique wheelchair design helps with animal’s hip and leg problems including degenerative myelopathy (DM), hip dysplasia, arthritis, paralysis, slipped disc, soreness, spinal and neurological problems, surgical recovery, and more.
The perfect size with just a click.
The Walkin’ Wheels is the only dog wheelchair that features push-button adjustability in height, length and width. It will fit any size dog 8 lbs and up. Simple snap buttons make it easy to adjust the frame in length, width, and height. Interchangeable snap-in wheels and struts are all that is needed to adjust the Walkin’ Wheels for different sizes of dogs. Medium andlarge sizesfold flat for convenient transport and storage.
Easy to order. Fast to ship.
The days of complicated measurements are over. We only need one simple, approximate measurement: Fold of Flank. This determines the correct wheel size for your dogs. The adjustable frame takes care of the rest. And if you’re not in the UK, no problem. We ship to all worldwide international destinations.
Adjustable. Extensible. Resellable.
Walkin’ Wheels is the ideal investment. Whether you’re a private dog owner or a veterinarian, all our wheelchairs can easily be used on other dogs when they are no longer needed. Through simple snap-adjustments and optional parts, Walkin’ Wheels is a future-proof purchase that you’ll never have to throw away.
Lifting limits. And Legs.
Empower your dog. Maintain his/her health by providing exercise using the Walkin’ Wheels. Going to the bathroom is no longer a chore – the Walkin’ Wheels enables dogs to do their business without restrictions or mess. If the dog’s rear legs are paralyzed, stirrups will prevent the rear legs from dragging. The days of putting down dogs due to mobility problems are over.
Full support available.
Some dogs need the full support of 4 wheels. That’s why we built the modular Front Wheel Attachment. It can be added to any Walkin’ Wheels wheelchair to make it a quad. Order it along with your wheelchair, or add it later, should your dog need it.
Your money’s worth. And then some.
The Walkin’ Wheels box is packed to the brim with value. It contains everything you need to get your dog back to an active, healthy lifestyle and then some. When you buy a Walkin’ Wheels, you get more than your money’s worth. In fact, we had to redesign our boxes to fit everything.