Balto Hock Brace for Dogs
The Balto hock brace is used for support and stability of the dogs hock for symptoms such as pain, lameness or difficulty in moving. This brace is ideal for achilles tendon problems and injuries requiring immobilisation of the Hock joint, but as it has removable splints it can also be used for conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis. It can also be used as hock protection, it can cover plasters or bandages and be used as a post-surgery support.
This hock brace has three removable splints, two lateral splints and an adjustable fore splint. These can be used in any combination required.
- Hock hyperextension
- Post-surgical support
- General hock weakness and pain
- Breathable fabric
- Excellent wearability
- Hand washable
- The brace can be used in pre- and in post-surgery
- Rigid splints included which fit into the brace
- Does not affect natural movement
- Reduces pain, swelling and supports muscles in the hock
- Reduces the amount of strain on the joint
Recommendations for use:
- During the period of restraint, it is advisable not to leave the dog alone for too long, because it might try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it.
- Caution: Direct contact between the splints and the skin means that the brace may cause reddening if the dog is taken out to play or run while wearing it. We recommend that this be prevented by placing some gauze or cotton wool between the splints and the skin.
- Consult a veterinarian when using rigid splints.
- Always remove the rigid splints before washing.