The Balto Orthopaedic Neck
brace for dogs is designed to help your dog with problems and injuries to the neck and spine. These issues include problems with their cervical vertebrae, crushed vertebrae, neurological issues, post-operative recovery and hernias. This neck brace is highly supportive and adjustable to fit all dog breeds.
- Post-operative support
- Neck pain and discomfort
- Obsessive compulsive behaviours
- Cone alternative
- Vertebral Instability (Wobbler Syndrome)
- Offers compression to the neck, protecting it from further injury
- Alternative to the cone, prevents biting or licking of the chest, abdomen, shoulder, back and makes it difficult to reach down to the front legs and paw
- Less restrictive than the cone, allows pets to see and eat normally
- Waterproof breathable fabric
- Can be worn before and after surgery
- Hand washable
- Comfortable interior padding
Recommendations for use:
- Not suited for hounds or bulldogs. Long hound necks don't allow the collar to stay in place, short thick Bulldog necks won't allow for a proper fit
- Size XXS is suitable for Cats. When used for Cats the collar is used with the longest part at the front under the neck.
- Collar should be securely tightened around the neck to keep it from turning
- A harness is advised to walk a dog whilst wearing the neck brace
- Over a 24 hr period, the brace should be removed for 1-2 hrs
Measure the neck circumference. These braces are highly adjustable.
||16cm to 23.5cm | 6.3in to 9.25in
||25.5cm to 34.5cm | 10in to 13.6in
||32.5cm to 42cm | 12.8in to 16.5in
||37.5cm to 46.5cm | 14.8in to 18.3in
||42cm to 55.5cm | 16.5in to 21.9in
||52cm to 66cm | 20.5in to 26in
MEASUREMENTS OF THE BRACE ITSELF
The BT dog Neck brace is usually not suited for hounds and bulldogs. Long necks do not allow the collar to stay in place so the brace will slide. Short necks can be too small for the width (B) of the neck brace. Please ensure that the dimensions of the brace below will suit your dog before ordering.
||29.5cm | 11.65in
||8.cm | 3.1in
||43cm | 16.9in
||12cm | 4.8in
||49.5cm | 19.5in
||18cm | 7.2in
||54.5cm | 21.5in
||22cm | 8.7in
||65cm | 25.5in
||24cm | 9.4in
||74cm | 29in
||25.5cm | 10.1in
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- For proper use, it is essential that the collar be tightened securely around the neck, to keep it from turning.
- While wearing the rigid collar, the dog can be taken for walks using either the collar or a harness.
- Over a 24-hour period, remove the collar for 1 to 2 hours.
As your pet has the potential to damage the brace or injured themselves, we recommend supervision of your dog at all time when wearing the brace