The Biko Physio Brace and How it Can Help Your Dog
The Biko Physio Brace is a fantastic product that offers positive rehabilitation for dogs suffering from CDRM, Hip Dysplasia, Patellar Luxation, Cruciate Injury and more the first and only progressive elastic resistance product available in veterinary medicine.
Designed by an exercise physiologist and refined by veterinary specialists and physiotherapists, the Biko PR Bands are a simple-to-use, effective device to help these dogs gain control of their hind limbs, increase their exercise level, and tone and strengthen muscles.
Useful in the management of:
- Hip dysplasia
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Wobbler's syndrome
- Cerebellar ataxia
- Intervertebral disc disease (IVDD)
- Fibrocartilaginous embolism (FCE)
- Cruciate ligament tears (at least 8 weeks after surgery)
- Atrophy due to inactivity/obesity
- Weakness due to diabetes or Cushing's disease
- Lumbosacral disease
- Patellar luxation
But it should NOT be used for the following conditions:
- No motor function in one or more limbs
- Severe weakness or ataxia that require they be moved or lifted to walk
- Any other acute, painful condition
Used by itself at home, or in conjunction with other physiotherapies in a rehab setting, the Biko PR brings results.
The Biko PR Bands are also used by canine athletes and working dogs, the same way professional athletes use weight and resistance training. From police and sled dogs to agility and Frisbee, strength training with the Biko PR Bands increases and optimizes endurance and performance.