What's the difference between L'il Back Bracer and WiggleLess Back Brace?
L'IL BACK BRACER -
- Straps go around the back legs (not so good for incontinent dogs)
- Boning is lighter than Wiggleless and the back bracer is a narrower along the top of the spine
- There are two wide elastic straps on one side of the brace, you then pull under the belly and attach to Velcro the other side to tighten
- Overall this means the brace is lighter than the Wiggleless brand
- The D-Ring for the dog lead is plastic
- It is cheaper than Wiggleless (starts at £119)
- This brand has been around longer
- It has stronger more substantial built in boning (which is firmer than Lil Back Brace's lighter boning)
- The brace doesn't go around the back legs
- It has 3 wide straps each side which you pull up from the belly and attached onto the sides
- Metal D-Clip for your lead
- The brace is slightly heavier due to the more substantial boning it offers compared to the Lil Back Bracer
Primary features of the Lil Back Bracer dog brace:
- Comfortable, ergonomic construction to alleviate pressure on spine
- Dog brace designed to stabilise the back from above & below
- Recommended for both treatment and prevention
- Snug, adjustable fit provides gentle, constant pressure for calming effect on nervous system
- Incorporated D-ring to attach a leash
- Easy to take on and off
- Medical grade, moisture-wicking, Breathe-O-Prene® fabric
- No need to remove dog brace for dogs to "do their business”
How to put the Lil Back Bracer on:
1. Slip the body portion over the dog's head.
2. Put one front paw through the loop, then the other.
3. Place the dog brace over the rear legs next.
4. Adjust the velcro on the brace at the chest using the front straps. It should be snug for support.
5. Adjust velcro at the rear, pulling up or by criss crossing straps
How does the bracer provide support?
The L’il Back Bracer is an orthopedic support garment for dogs suffering from IVDD or other back injuries. The brace is made of a very high quality breathable and antimicrobial neoprene that is very comfortable for your dog. There are stays? that line the back and the abdomen to provide the needed support and stabilization of the spine.
How often should my dog wear the bracer?
It depends on you and your dog. Some people put the bracer on all day while some just use the bracer for walks or times of high activity and play. The bracer is flexible so it still allows the muscles to engage and ‘work’, it is not like a stiff cast. This is important so that the muscles do not become weak from wearing the bracer.
Can my dog "do their business” while wearing the bracer?
Yes, the brace fits in a way that leaves that area of your dog free to take care of business without the brace blocking that part of their body.
Does my dog need to have a separate harness for walks?
The L’il Back Bracer has an attached "D” ring so that when taking walks the brace acts as a harness. Just attach the leash to the ring and enjoy a safe supported walk.
How do I care for the brace?
To clean the brace just hand wash and lay flat to dry. For removing hair, we have found that a rubber pet hair remover brush works best.