Balto Walking and Lifting Harnesses for Dogs
Tutori Balto in Italy design a fantastic range of Vet approved rehabilitation products for dogs. This range of products are all handmade, with top quality fabrics and have proven to become our customers most popular range. At Zoomadog we are the UK sole supplier and distributer of the Balto braces for dogs, so can help and advise you on which product will be suitable for your dogs condition. One of the most popular ranges of products we sell are our walking and lifting harnesses for dogs. These harnesses can be used for a variety of issues ranging from arthritis, injuries to the legs, back problems, nerve damage, paralysis, pre and post operative suppport. Tutori Balto make two of these harnesses, one of them is a rear lift harness for dogs that have lost rear leg mobility and the other is a full body lift for dogs with back injury or nerve damage.
The Balto Rear Lift Harness (BT UP) is the perfect support for dogs suffering from conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia, weakness, post-operative rehabilitation and paralysis or semi-paralysis of the hind legs. The support is an effective aid to allow your dog to walk more easily, and gives support when going up or down the stairs. The Balto rear lift harness is also used by veterinarians who use it in physiotherapy and rehabilitation programmes.
- Hip dysplasia
- Rear weakness
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Paralysis or semi-paralysis of the hind legs
- Hand washable
- Height-adjustable handles
- Rigid lateral splints for greater stability
- Adjustable straps
- Allows normal toileting
- Rigid splints on either side of the harness to ensure stability
Measure around the circumference of the widest part of the rear leg (thigh), please see the image above for reference.
|XS||15 - 20 cm|
|S||25 - 30 cm|
|M||30 - 35 cm|
|L||40 - 45 cm|
|XL||50 - 55 cm|
The Balto Body Lift Brace is a one piece back brace with handles, designed for dogs with age or disease-related motor difficulties. This brace supports and braces the spinal column whilst lifting, so is suitable for dogs with back and spinal injuries. The two (removable) rigid splints, contained in the two side pockets, serve to both stabilize the brace during use, as well as to compress the proximal area of the spinal column in cases of disease in this area, holding it in traction (for example, neurological diseases). Both the handle straps and the splints can be removed.
- Dogs that have difficulty walking, as a result of trauma, disease or paralysis
- Dogs with motor difficulties
- Spinal column issues.
- The two (removable) rigid splints, contained in the two side pockets, serve to both stabilise the brace during use, as well as to compress the proximal area of the spinal column in cases of disease in this area, holding it in traction (for example, neurological diseases).
- Breathable fabric
- Adjusts for a better fit
- Can be hand-washed
- Soft, comfortable material
- Body straps can be shortened
- Rigid lateral splints offer greater stability
- The two (removable) rigid splints, contained in the two side pockets stabilise the brace during use, as well as compressing the proximal area of the spinal column in cases of disease in this area
- Height-adjustable straps to allow you to lift large dogs
- Padded carry handle for comfortable lifting
- Allows the dog to toilet normally
- Handle straps and splints can be removed
Recommendations for use:
- During the period of restraint, it is recommended that the dog not be left alone too long because it could try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it.
- Be careful when putting the brace on male dogs. While wrapping the body strap around the pelvis, ensure the strap passes well in front of the penis to avoid compression of the urethra.
|XL||over 60 cm|