Is Shoulder Surgery the Only Option for Treating My Dogs Shoulder Dislocation?
Talk to your vet about the options they would recommend with your dog and if they need surgery. We would not go against a vet’s advice however many dog owners who try a non-surgical route for mild to moderate causes of shoulder dislocation or injury can have good success.
For non-surgical treatments, you might want to consider:
- A strong and supportive shoulder brace
- Joint supplements, which contain glucosamine and chondroitin
- Physiotherapy, to build up muscle and reduce inflammatory
- Hydrotherapy, to build up muscle and reduce inflammatory
- Crate rest
- Reduce exercise
- Weight management
- Orthopedic house aids, including ramps and anti-slip mats
Read more about Shoulder Dislocation and Shoulder Dysplasia here https://zoomadog.co.uk/collections/dog-shoulder-dislocation-and-shoulder-injuries
Find our dog shoulder brace here https://zoomadog.co.uk/products/490-balto-lux-shoulder-brace
Looking for help with your dog?
We can help find the right solution for your dog
Feel free to give us a call on 01730 622544
or email us at email@example.com