If you dog suffers from nerve damage or injury to the leg, which is causing the paw to knuckle over. You can improve the gait and chance of full rehabilitation by using one of our anti knuckling dog socks
from Handicapped Pets. The Anti-Knuckling Training Sock
for dogs is a temporary training tool for short-term, multiple use to help correct gait and improve hind Front paw placement.
- Provides training support for dogs who drag their back paws.
- Stimulates a dog between its toes and causes him to pick the foot up higher.
- Designed to enhance proprioception.
- Perfect for rehabilitative use for pets recovering from spinal surgery.
- Lightweight, comfortable, and adjustable, with convenient touch-fastener closures.
- Training Sock best used on pet for two to five-minute walks and removed in between.
Sizing for the Rear Sock
Measure from Point A to Point B on your dog while standing, to determine which size Anti-Knuckling Training Sock will best fit your pet. For best results, the dog needs to be standing when taking this measurement. Point A: is located at the center of hock joint. Point B: is located on top of the paw.
|Measurement from top of paw to hock
|Up to 3 inches
||XSmall recommended for toy breeds up to 15 lbs.
|Up to 4 inches
||Small fits most dogs up to 30 lbs.
|4 to 6 inches
||Medium fits most dogs 30-60 lbs.
|Greater than 6 inches
||Large fits most dogs above 60 lbs.
Sizing for the Front Sock When sizing your pet for the Front No-Knuckling Training Sock we ask that you reference the guides below. You will find a Top of Paw to Carpal Joint
chart. Measure and use the guide to let you know which size best fits your pet€™s measurement. Then reference the recommended weight chart to see if that size corresponds with your pet€™s weight. If your pet is a different size in both charts, then go with the Top of Paw
chart. We list the weight chart as a courtesy to assist pet owners with sizing. But we know every pet is made differently, so don't hesitate to contact one of our customer service representatives with any questions
Top of Paw to Carpal Joint Measure from top of paw to middle of carpal joint on your pet. Ideally try to do this with your pet in a standing position. If that€™s not possible, your pet may not be ready for the Front No-Knuckling Training Sock and we recommend you consult your Veterinarian for advice.
||Top of Paw to Middle of Carpal Joint
||10 15 lbs.
||15 25 lbs.
||25 60 lbs.
||60 100 lbs.
||3€³ or Greater
||< 100 lbs.
We recommend you use this temporary training tool during multiple walks for two to five minute intervals on one lower hind leg at a time. Remove when training exercise is complete. If you have questions about how or when to use the Anti-Knuckling Training Sock, check with your veterinarian or physical rehabilitation professional for guidance. You may also post questions on our Help Advice area at HandicappedPets.net. Proper Placement and Fit for the Anti-Knuckling Training Sock
1. Wrap the Anti-Knuckling Training Sock around the hock joint on the lower hind leg
2. The adjustable cord loop should be on the front of the leg
3. Secure touch-fastener closure straps on the top and the bottom of the Anti-Knuckling Training Sock
4. Place the cord loop under middle two toes
5. Pull to tighten top of cord so that it is taut
Important Do not wrap the Anti-Knuckling Training Sock too tightly so that it interferes with circulation or limits the mobility of the rear leg. Do not tighten cord to the point where it could cause irritation or pull the toes up too far.