What Are the Common Symptoms of a Shoulder Dislocation in My Dog?
Depending on the severity and cause of your dog’s shoulder injury, symptoms may manifest suddenly or slowly over time.
The symptoms of a shoulder dislocation in my dog
- Limping or Lameness: Dogs may exhibit a noticeable limp or be reluctant to put weight on the affected leg. If a dog’s got a long-standing injury, they may be limping but still able to bear weight on the affected limb. A dislocated shoulder might express itself as your dog having difficulty in using a front leg.
- Pain and Discomfort: Vocalisation, whining, or signs of distress when the shoulder area is touched
- Reduced Range of Motion: Difficulty moving the shoulder joint as freely as usual.
- Swelling or Bruising: Visible signs of inflammation or even discolouration around the shoulder.
- Change of Gait: Your dog isn’t walking as normal
- Grinding: There may be a grinding sensation around the shoulder joint when your dog moves
Read more about Shoulder Dislocation and Shoulder Dysplasia here https://zoomadog.co.uk/collections/dog-shoulder-dislocation-and-shoulder-injuries
Find our dog shoulder brace here https://zoomadog.co.uk/products/490-balto-lux-shoulder-brace
Looking for help with your dog?
We can help find the right solution for your dog
Feel free to give us a call on 01730 622544
or email us at email@example.com