The Pros and Cons For a Custom Cruciate Ligament Knee Brace For My Dog?
Yes a custom knee brace for a cruciate ligament knee injury can be very expensive!
So is it the right brace choice for your dog?
Whether your dog has had TPLO surgery on their cruciate ligament or not, a knee brace can make all the difference between a successful recovery or not. Read through the pros and cons of a custom knee brace for your dog.
- With over 200 breeds of dog, it can be difficult for a standard size or brace to fit your individual dog
- A custom-made brace is uniquely shaped for your dog’s shape
- Exact fit speeds up the healing process as the brace supports the knee joint in the correct places, compared to a standard brace
- Exact fit means no rubbing from the brace
- Exact fit means that instead of giving general support to your dog’s leg and joints, it is more targeted and therefore more effective, as well as being more comfortable
- Exact fits takes into account and adapts to your dog’s unique way of walking.
- Custom knee braces are much lighter than standard knee braces
- Being extremely lightweight means that it does not hamper your dog in any way, making it suitable for more elderly and frail dogs as well
- Custom braces don’t have strapping over your dog's bottom, straps can apply extra pressure on their back / bum
- If you have insurance, your insurance company will likely cover the cost, check with them
- Often custom braces are cheaper than surgery
- Custom knee braces take time to make - about three weeks
- They are very expensive, check if your insurance can cover it
Titus, the husky, did not have TPLO surgery as he was 10 years old. It is really worth reading his story further to see how his owner chose alternative options to surgery, and Titus made a full recovery:
I Don’t Want My Dog To Have Cruciate Ligament Knee Surgery (TPLO Surgery). What Are The Alternative Treatments?
Read more about a custom dog cruciate knee brace here https://zoomadog.co.uk/products/788-custom-made-dog-knee-brace
Read more about Cruciate Knee Ligament injuries here - Causes, Prevention and Treatments https://zoomadog.co.uk/collections/what-is-cruciate-ligament-knee
Looking for help with your dog?
We can help find the right solution for your dog
Feel free to give us a call on 01730 622544
or email us at email@example.com